Mr. Peanut's Coronado Series XL Pet Carrier (NOT DESIGNED FOR AIRLINE USE)
IMPORTANT: Please measure your pet carefully and multiply the length and height by 1.5x, to ensure a good fit!
IMPORTANT: How to Measure Your Pet
I always recommend to measure your pet while comfortably laying down as this is the typical position during flight time. Keep in mind all of my airline approved totes are designed with pet safety and comfort as the priority, and then by airline under seat requirements, so sizing is limited by that criteria. I know it’s sometimes difficult to size based on measurement or images. I make every effort to keep pricing as low as possible so that anyone can afford a safe and comfortable carrier for their pet, so please make every effort to properly measure your pet before ordering. The postage cost for a return is an average of $14 for the USA, and that is very difficult for a small business to bear. In addition to the sizing guidelines and images shown here, many users have found it helpful to view the Instagram feed, @mrpeanutspetcarriers, where there are contributions with pets of every size and in every model.
BE SURE to acclimate your pet as much as possible to a new carrier in a home environment. You never want their first adventure out to be to a stressful airport or veterinarian. Let your pet learn to appreciate the carrier as a safe home away from home.
- NOT FOR AIRLINE USE
- With the design of the Coronado there is not really a weight limit per se, it is more of a sizing limit so be sure to measure your pet for a proper fit in the 2 available sizes.
- 19" Exterior and 23" Exterior
- The smaller size interior length is 18" while the larger size is a 22" Length, both sizes are the same 11" Interior Width, and the small and large are a 15 & 16" Interior Height, respectively. Keep in mind the interior of any bag is less then than the exterior due to fabric and padding thickness.
- 19" Medium Weight - 7lbs (3.17kg)
- 23" Large Weight - 8lbs (3.63kg)
- Rigid Soft Sided Fabric Structure (NOT Collapsible for Storage)
- Leak Proof Design and Materials
- Two Zippered End Pockets
- Premium Brand Auto Self Locking Zippers For Safety And Eliminating The Need For Fragile Clasps As The Bag Cannot Be Pushed Open By Your Pet From The Inside
- 14" Laptop/Media Storage Sleeve
- Luggage Strap Compatible with Mr. Peanuts Wheelbase
- Teslin Resin Mesh, the strongest pliable mesh available
- Faux Fleece Padded Composite Base for Weight Handling Upwards of 30lbs
- Seatbelt Attachments
- Please note that the top rigid mesh panel is one piece, and is NOT a zippered opening
- Compatible with Mr. Peanut's Spinner Wheelbase
About Mr Peanut's Pet Carriers
Mr. Peanut's is a USA based, Family owned business and a proud sponsor of the Pay a Shelter Pet Forward Program
Many ask what is the difference between the models, and especially between the most popular Gold and Platinum Series. I do have a FAQ page which has some more specifics on all the models, but the primary difference between these two series is that the Gold Series models all use a strengthened nylon fabric that allows for maximum pliability while still retaining its structure, whereas the Platinum Series models use a heavier, more rigid nylon that emphasizes the structure, and gives up some of the pliability. Both series are quite popular as airline capable models, but the Gold pliability allows it to easily conform to under seat spacing on the widest variety of modern aircraft.
Don’t take a chance with bags that might be rejected when you get to the airport. Our original 18” (L) X 10” (W) x 11” (H) tote easily fits under the seats of most modern aircraft. Whether you’re traveling Delta, Southwest, Jetblue, American, United, Virgin, Alaska, Frontier, or Allegiant, etc, this airline approved pet carrier will allow you to travel in cabin with your pet. And we’ve used claw-resistant Teslin material for the resin mesh and fitted the tote with auto self locking zippers to ensure your pet remains safe throughout your journey.
Shipping & Returns
Comfort And Safety Overall
I work hard on our carriers and tote designs to bring out the best value for each model line I develop, each is actually hand made. I use only branded premium zippers that can be found on designer purses and jeans. I use water resistant materials that are also used in the production of military parachutes. I only use cruelty free human made materials such as vegan leatherette and faux fleece padding. On any tote always look them over for proper seatbelt attachments and metal safety locks or clasps. Look for a design structure that stands up straight without sagging and is well ventilated with a strong chew free mesh.
Pay a Shelter Pet Forward
Pay a Shelter Pet Forward, ie payashelterpetforward.org, is the charitable "arm" of the business, and thru this program I donate products and funds to rescues, shelters and animal benefit organizations of all kinds and sizes. I regularly donate products throughout the USA but also work with organizations that distribute products and needed aid to animals all around the world, as animals do not see national manmade borders.